Partner with a Qualified Domestic Abuse Attorney Based in Smithtown, NY, and Serving Clients Across the Globe

If you are an immigrant facing domestic abuse from your partner, then consider contacting a qualified attorney. Our attorneys at the Law Offices of Judith C. Garcia are ready to assist you. We are a Smithtown, NY-based law firm that can serve clients across the globe. Trust us to provide you with knowledgeable advice and reliable support.

Get Help if You’re an Immigrant Facing Domestic Abuse

Learn More About the Options That Are Available

There are a couple of tools that can help victims of domestic abuse in relation to immigration:

  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA): This act states that, should a non-resident have a spouse that is a) a citizen or legal resident of the United States, and b) is being abused by said spouse, they may fight to obtain residency without involving their partner.
  • U Nonimmigrant Status (U Visa): This type of visa is available for individuals who came to the United States and were abused in any way. Essentially, it can grant potential immigrants relief and protect them from being deported.
  • Removal of Conditions: Generally, if your spouse sponsored you for conditional residence, you would need their help to remain in the United States after the two-year period is over. However, if your spouse is abusive, then a family immigration lawyer can help get these conditions removed.

Speak to a Qualified Attorney

Learn More Today

Work with an immigration attorney that can provide aid to victims of domestic abuse. Partner with our attorneys at the Law Offices of Judith C. Garcia to protect yourself. A lawyer from our team can provide you with more advice about things such as the Violence Against Women Act, as well as guide you through the immigration process. Our law office is based in Smithtown, NY, but can serve clients across the world. Consider calling today to learn more.


Partner with a qualified attorney who can assist with family-based immigration.

Family-Based Immigration

If you are facing potential deportation, then get defense from a qualified attorney.

Deportation Defense

Learn more about SJIS by contacting a qualified attorney today.

Special Juvenile Immigration Status (SJIS)

Obtain residency without getting an abusive partner involved by contacting us.

Violence Against Women

We can assist with many different aspects of real estate law.

Real Estate Law

    Contact Us

    Reach out to our team today