Working Papers For Recent Arrivals

If you entered the United States unlawfully within the last year, you may be able to apply for a permit that lets you legally work in the country. The Law Offices of Judith C. Garcia in Smithtown, New York (on Long Island), can explain your options and guide you through the application process.

You may be able to work legally in the U.S.

There are several steps to go through to get a legal work permit, and you have a limited amount of time to apply. Attorney Judith Garcia can help you understand the legal process and ensure you meet the necessary requirements for employment authorization.

If you have come to the U.S. to escape persecution in your home country, you can apply for political asylum. This will let you apply for working papers while your application is considered. If it is unsafe for you to return to your home country due to temporary conditions — such as an ongoing military conflict, natural disaster or other reason — you may be eligible for Temporary Protected Status (TPS). The Department of Homeland Security outlines the countries that qualify for TPS.

Working Papers for Recent Arrivals

Your time is limited, but we can help you act quickly.

Experienced immigration lawyer Judith Garcia can help you to seek political asylum within the United States. We can also tell you if your home country is designated for TPS and assist you with your application if you are eligible.

It is important to start the process as soon as you arrive, as you have a limited amount of time to apply. We can help you understand your rights and take all necessary steps to file your application within the time limit.

After applying for asylum or TPS, you may be eligible for a work permit after a certain amount of time has passed. Our firm is here to help you apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and/or the immigration courts, who will process your request.

Apply for valid working papers. Call us at 631-993-4128 today.

We have helped many people to apply for asylum and to get work permits. Arrange a free consultation with attorney Judith Garcia by calling 631-993-4128 or sending us a message online.

Se habla español.

Get Help Now

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


The Law Offices Of Judith C. Garcia
738 Smithtown Bypass
Smithtown, NY 11787

Phone: 631-993-4128
Fax: 631-864-2993
Map & Directions