Applying For A Waiver From Inadmissibility

If you are in the United States without authorization, it is still possible to become a lawful permanent resident. To do this, you must leave the country and apply for an adjustment of status through your home nation's U.S. embassy. However, you will not be allowed to reenter the U.S. for a fixed period unless you first request a waiver from inadmissibility.

The process is complex and it is essential that you hire a skilled attorney. The Law Offices of Judith C. Garcia, in Smithtown, New York (on Long Island), can guide you through the application process to maximize your chance of success.

What are the grounds of inadmissibility?

An individual can be barred from entering the United States for numerous reasons. These include health related grounds, criminal violations and national security concerns.

Immigration violations such as unauthorized entry or overstaying your visa can also prevent you from leaving and returning. If you were in the United States illegally, you may be barred from re-entering the country for three years or for 10 years, depending on the circumstances.


Beware that there are strict application requirements.

To become a lawful permanent resident, you must apply for a waiver from inadmissibility while you are still in the United States. This allows you to leave the U.S. and apply for your status to be adjusted from your home country.

The requirements for applying for a waiver are strict, and your application is unlikely to succeed without good legal representation. Hiring an experienced and knowledgeable immigration lawyer gives you the best chance of approval.

Attorney Judith Garcia has helped many people to obtain a waiver from inadmissibility. Our firm will guide you through the process and ensure that you have completed all the necessary steps.

We can help you. Call 631-993-4128 today.

Applying for a waiver from inadmissibility is a complex process. For the best chance of success, you need an attorney with experience and in-depth knowledge of immigration law. Arrange a free consultation with attorney Judith Garcia by calling 631-993-4128, or send us a message online.

Se habla español.

Get Help Now

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


The Law Offices Of Judith C. Garcia
738 Smithtown Bypass
Smithtown, NY 11787

Phone: 631-993-4128
Fax: 631-864-2993
Map & Directions